unless you spend enough time on it.
There will be days when you just don't have a lot of time. This happens. But do some math anyway, even if it's just 15 minutes of review or solving a homework problem. Doing some math every day is a recipe for success and maintains forward progress. “Saving up” your math for weekends is almost always a mistake.
Here's another important truth:
It's amazing how many students quietly fail their classes instead of getting help. Community colleges are all about helping students. Even when state funding is tight and budgets are cut, we scramble to provide assistance opportunities to our students. Here's a list:
- Questions during class (ask them!)
- Questions during office hours (know them!)
- Tutorial sessions (attend them!)
- Learning Resource Center (go there!)
- Student Support Services (there's an entire building!)
- Study groups (team up with classmates!)
Be an active learner and take charge of your learning. The teacher can't teach you without your consent and your active participation. Take responsibility for your education.